VMware Communities
allthumbs
Contributor
Contributor

networking issue with Ubuntu 22.04 running workstation pro 16.2

I have workstation pro 16.2 running on Ubuntu 22.04.  My guest OS is Windows 10 and it is running fine with VMware tools installed.  My Workstation Pro guest is set to bridge automatically the network connection.  When guest is booted up it take over the physical connection and turns off access to host.  I need to connect host to another source, like wifi in order for the host to see the internet as well.  I have tried the NAT setting but same results.  I would like it to just bridge to my lan on host and share the internet.  I am new to this host setup and wonder if I am missing something or this is just the way Workstation Pro works in Ubuntu?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported to moderators, it needs moving to the area of the forums for Workstation Pro.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos