VMware Communities
esipe
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 2019 DC

I purchased 3 Dell R640 severs with ESXi 7 pre-installed. I also order MS 2019 DC with unlimited VM's. I didn't get any media for Sever 2019. It's saying I need to use AVMA keys but from what I'm reading that only works with Hyper-V VM's. I called Dell and they said I could download a trial version and install it but had to do a work around to get the license keys? Anybody else ran into this and been able to get it work?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What are you actually trying to get working?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
esipe
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to activate Windows Server 2019 DC on ESXi host with AVMA keys. I don't have media or physical activation keys. I purchased vshpere pre-installed with unlimited MS Server 2019 VM's from Dell. AVMA keys they say will only activate with Hyper-V. I spoke to Dell and they say there is a work around but they haven't got back to me as yet. 

0 Kudos