VMware Communities
elopezvaldez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What should I do next...?

Hi guys!

Just coming back from my very first VMworld experience and I'm kind of super excited about my near future with my uprising career with virtualization (talking about hype with all of the new features and wonders that virtual admins can do). But, I have like two months with the next question rounding my head over and over again, "What should I no next...?".

I got my VCP6-DCV Certification almost two years ago (yeah I know, it expires next December 4th), and I have the task to update/upgrade it before that date, and there's where my "problem" started, I don't know which pad should I take know! Some guys from VMware told me: "you should go for a VCAP in deployment" (since I'm more in the deployment and services business), or "go for the VCP-NV, everything is going to NSX and cloud services, you will totally need it" or with all the news and synergy with AWS, "maybe a CMA could do the work..."

So, I don't know what to do! I hope some of you guys could share with me your own experiences and maybe, I could light my virtualization path a little more with your kind help.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi elopezvaldez,

Woohoo! Glad to hear the momentum has continued post VMworld. I would suggest posting your certification question in the Training & Certification​ community. It is one of the most active and there's some incredible resources there (people included!)

Stay active - look forward to hearing about your success moving forward.

Best,

Katie Bradley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi elopezvaldez,

Woohoo! Glad to hear the momentum has continued post VMworld. I would suggest posting your certification question in the Training & Certification​ community. It is one of the most active and there's some incredible resources there (people included!)

Stay active - look forward to hearing about your success moving forward.

Best,

Katie Bradley

0 Kudos
elopezvaldez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Katie!

Thank you very much for the advice, this is my firs time here, I have some language "security" issues since English isn't my nativa language hahaha but YOLO :smileysilly:. I will post this subject on that community.

Of course, as soon as I get that new certification, I'll let you know Smiley Happy

Best regards!