VMware Communities
Gushtera
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Test Lab - HELP!!!

Hello,

i wanna build a test lab based on VMware ESXi 4.1 and vCenter Server 4.1 for now Smiley Wink but i have a problem what is the best free datastore with replication betwen datastores.

I Have:

2 Server for Datastore with P4 Dual Core 2.8 Ghz with 8 GB RAM and 3ware 12 port RAID controller

and i want to replicate all data betwen them and want to initiate iSCSI datastore to my ESXi cluter

For the Cluster I have:

6x Dell Power edge P4 Dual Core with 8 GB RAM

3x IBM 336 with 2xDual Core Xeon with HT with 32GB RAM each

And thats for now please help me to find the best free datastore software for my needs?

Now i tested with OpenFiler but looks too slow i thing... and have alot of bugs

Thanks alot.

Best Regards,

Plamen Petkov

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Villag3Idiot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you going to be running a licensed copy of vSphere in your lab, or are you operating on the 60 day trial? If it is the trial, then you could also download a trial version of the HP P4000 VSA storage appliance, which will allow you to utilise local storage on your hosts and present it as shared storage over iSCSI. You can also set up data replication etc...

Check out this link...

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/vsa/index.html

I'm not sure of any other appliances that will meet your needs for free. The HP VSA is fully featured for 60 days...

0 Kudos
Gushtera
Contributor
Contributor

No, i use a registred vSphere and want to use datastore software fully work without any trial versions do you have crack for HP StorageWorks? Smiley Wink

0 Kudos