VMware Communities
That_VM_Guy
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Web Site

There is no choice for this topic (and no labels) in the forums. Please move as required. Thanks. 

In thirty-five years of IT, I have to class the VMWare web site as the worse one I have ever used.

You can't browse more than three pages (or around ten minutes) until it logs you out. I log in (cached credentials) and the next page displayed prompts me to sign in again. The internal site search is archaic, giving me thousands of irrelevant pages, even when a specific string is looked up. Search for ESXi 7 docs and get dated KB's on v5.5 in the results(???) Downloads are hidden unless various hoops are jumped through (and oops you just got logged off again). Want a new version of software? Please review your personal info that has popped up three times already today for anything that changed in the last seven minutes.

The entire site needs to be reworked and I mean EVERYTHING. It needs to be amended from a marketing tool to hoover up personal data to an efficient user experience. After I log on to my Enterprise account, I should be able to see all software downloads. The search should give me a focused sub-set of documents based on my input at the version I request and I should remain logged in until I log out, or 12 hours passes.

It's really bad guys and gals. Time to grab the shotgun and take it behind the barn.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This doesn't really belong in VMTN, this is how you give feedback on areas of vmware.com: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2006223

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos