VMware Communities
GWOD1
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6.5 - Multiple issues

Ok,  lots of issues here with our VCSA 6.5 u3 build 14389939.  

When http'ing into VCSA vCenter GUI, I get the "503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http20NamedPipeServiceSpecE:0x000055d802483b10] _serverNamespace = / action = Allow _pipeName =/var/run/vmware/vpxd-webserver-pipe)"  error and tried the fixes I fond but they didn't work. ( a. Root password had expired   b. Partitions were filled over 95%  c. Certificate regeneration)......although I must admit I didn't really know what to put in the prompts for the certool.cfg file configuration.

VAMI works ok through :5480, however it's kind of screwed up. I updated it with the latest security patch  (VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-6.5.0.35000-17994927-patch-FP) but the version remains old despite saying it's at the latest. (screenshot attached, and yes I rebooted after the initial upgrade) 

I tried standing up a new VCSA, but can't license it, as it seems to know the license has been allocated to the old one. So what I would really like to do is un-license the existing one and license the new one. Does anyone know how to do that from the command line? .....or have any other suggestions to fix all of this?    Thanks.

0 Replies