VMware Communities
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Unable to see my own thread.

I posted a question about VCP-CMA 2020 Foundation and replied a few times. Then I get his e-mail from community-noreply@vmware.com:

Hi aenagy,

scott28tt (Leadership) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

Re: VMware Certified Professional - Cloud Management and Automation 2020 (VCP-CMA 2020) Foundation

@aenagy 

Moderator: Moved to VCP Discussions now it has appeared.

When I click on the link I get:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

What's wrong and what is the fix?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@aenagy 

Expand all the areas in the Community Navigation panel to the right of this page: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Education-and-Certification/ct-p/5500-home

You should see Certifications with VCP Discussions as a sub-area, like this:

B7FD7681-2BB6-4EB2-A8B4-9D36A9038BE7.jpeg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@aenagy 

Regarding the actual threa, your question had been answered:

AE0A6E6A-CAD2-48BB-8C0B-D138CD73CE3C.jpeg

Did you have a follow-up question?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Laithan
Contributor
Contributor

I will start a new thread

0 Kudos
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@scott28tt :

When I navigate tohttps://communities.vmware.com/t5/Education-and-Certification/ct-p/5500-home  and expand 'Community Navigation' I see this:

VMTN_forums.PNG

.... also, if I am in a 'New Message' page I see this:

VMTN_Borad_Selector.PNG

In both cases I don't see Certifications.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@aenagy 

The others I can see must currently be set as “private”, I’m a moderator so get access to pretty much every area.

Either start a new thread in the discussions Education and Certification Members area (the one with the speech bubble icon) or I can move your thread back to that area if you prefer?

0 Kudos
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@scott28tt :

I think the more fundamental question is: why I don't have access to the "Certifications" forum/group?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@aenagy 

For the exact reason I mentioned above - seems that whole area is currently set to “private”.

0 Kudos
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@scott28tt :

In that case please move my thread back to where it is publicly accessible.

How do I get access to Certifications?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@aenagy 

I have moved your thread back.

Certifications must be “private” for all regular users, not just you - so it’s not about giving you access. @jennivmtn @lborque may be able to advise and help.

aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@scott28tt 

Awesome. Thank-you.

0 Kudos
jennivmtn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello, you must be part of the VMware Certified Instructor group to have access to those communities. If you are, please reach out to your contact from there to gain access.

Jenni
VMTN Community Manager
0 Kudos
jennivmtn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Actually, wait sorry that is not true. Let me check with the admin for that community.

Jenni
VMTN Community Manager
0 Kudos