VMware Communities
novis75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SIOC disable and Message "An unmanaged I/O workload is detected on a SIOC-enabled datastore: XXXXX-PUR-XX-XXXX"

HI,

We have in our infrastructure :

- Production Luns on a PureStorage Bay , on each Lun the SIOC option is deactivated.

- 3 luns from another bay with the SIOC option enabled

Nevertheless, for several days, we have warning messages concerning our PureSTorage luns

An unmanaged I/O workload is detected on a SIOC-enabled datastore: XXXXX-PUR-XX-XXXX"

Do you know why ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
haripadmam
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, you will be able to disable the alarm related to these events. But makes sure there is no misconfiguration. Run through the article and make sure of same.

Though alarm can be disabled, I'm not sure if there is any way to prevent message from appearing in logs. Let other folks suggest for any way around here.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
haripadmam
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Do you have the LUNs presented to ESXi hosts to any other device or servers like backup etc.? This message is seen when LUN is presented to servers other than ESXi where I/O observed from outside host.

Refer VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
novis75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, we have a NETBACKUP solution.

So do not consider all these alerts. Is there a way to disable them?

0 Kudos
haripadmam
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, you will be able to disable the alarm related to these events. But makes sure there is no misconfiguration. Run through the article and make sure of same.

Though alarm can be disabled, I'm not sure if there is any way to prevent message from appearing in logs. Let other folks suggest for any way around here.

novis75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you, because I had read this article, but I was sure to understand.

Scenario 2

The array being used for vSphere is also being used for non-vSphere workloads. The non-vSphere workloads are accessing a storage volume that is on the same disk spindles as the affected datastore.

0 Kudos
haripadmam
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Read through the below article to understand more towards what you have pointed out.

Enable Storage IO Control on all Datastores! - Yellow Bricks

0 Kudos
novis75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you hari for your answer.

0 Kudos