VMware Communities
DrewRose222
Contributor
Contributor

SBS 2008 slow or ESX 4.1 Slow?

I have already spent 7 hours with Microsoft support in which I am getting nowhere, so I will start here from the beginning and hope for some help.

Monday morning I was planning on installing a Virtual Backup Appliance by Arkeia, so I was using the VMWare stande alone converter to put it on my ESX server. This ESX server only hosts my Windows Small Business Server 2008 right now which up until that point has been running flawlessly. The conversion had goten to 33% when it failed, I did not record the actual fault because I did not realize at the time the mess that had come out of it.

The two mac workstations on my network stated disconnecting from Exchange, when I RDP onto the server it is very slow and unresponive, the CPU in the VSphere Client app and the Server itself spikes incredibly. At this poing I am not sure whether the problem had been caused by the conversion failing or something happening to the SBS. I started with a 2 core processor and 12g of ram, I lowered the ram to 10g and and raised the HDD space up about a hundred gig because it looked like it was filling up. All the other Windows 7 workstations seem to act great, except some DNS issues here and there, which i am pointing the finger at the SBS because when it slows down DNS is going to take longer.

Anyway, at this point I am not sure what was the cause of the problem, the conversion did something to the ESX or something that happen to the SBS failed the conversion. I have checked logs and alerts and have been working on this for over 24 hours the past 2 days.. I am desperate.

Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DrewRose222
Contributor
Contributor

routing loop!!!

0 Kudos