VMware Communities
psyconerd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Product doesn't show up in customer connect

I just purchased Workstation Pro. Before doing so, it asked me to sign into my account. I haven't been on since 2013. I signed into my account and it worked without issue. +++ It asked me for some information about my account. I'm guessing it was things added since 2013. I filed it out. In the meantime, I tried to sign into my account on the VMWare main site. I was on the store page when I signed in first. I signed into the main site and didn't have any issues. +++ I completed my purchase. I choose to continue shopping.  It said I had to sign in. I tried it didn't work. --- I continued and continued to try. --- I reset my password. --- Still couldn't sign in. I closed all the open windows and then I could sign in. ~~~ I looked at my purchased products and my new purchase isn't in the list. --- I went to the support page and looked for the key for the product and it says that the key is not associated with this account. ---

Now I see this article from the support page, https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2014346

I guess I need to wait 24 hours. Wish that was more obvious. Also, I wish they had more information about having multiple pages open and the potential issues it could cause.

Sorry, I don't know what a board is. I was looking for support. Now I guess this is just a rant. We'll see tomorrow.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
psyconerd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After contacting customer support the issue was resolved. In light of the issues I had with staying signed in, I recommend that anyone interested in purchasing through the links to the web store test that you stay signed in before purchasing. The VMWare websites appear to work better if all VMware web pages are closed except the one you are working on. Even so, I was getting glitchy responses when signing in. If it glitched when I signed in and didn't show me as signed in, it would respond with an incorrect credentials message. I considered that I may have typed it in wrong until having gone through the sign-in process a hundred times.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This is probably the best course of action:

https://www.vmware.com/company/contact_sales.html

This forum is for users to help other users, not to get to the sales support team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
psyconerd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It's been more than 24 hours and I don't see my product. I have attempted to find some way of getting support for this for a few hours now. The automated system is no help. Everything leads back to articles that don't help and a user has not been available.  All attempts to find a way to write an email address for support have failed. I was never expecting someone to give me free support for the product. This is clearly an issue with the web system. Even though I had the issue two days ago I found I still couldn't sign in today. If I click on a support article it opens on another page. It shows me signed onto two pages. Then when I click on something it asks me to sign in, which doesn't work until I close all of the pages. (now I know) Does anyone know how to write them an email?

Now I'm seeing they are reporting having issues with a workspace once account, which I remember it asking me questions that I didn't know what to do with because this is a personal account. I thought it was customer connect. It must have something to do with a default action when not signed in. I really wish this made sense. 

I almost made it to a place where it said if the automated assistant isn't helping you click here to fill out a form, and then it asked me to sign in.

Thank you, to the reply poster. I can't access your name at the moment for fear of being asked to log in again. 

0 Kudos
psyconerd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I wanted everyone to know that after going through the support again from the customer connect page I found a button that said if the automated system didn't work. I clicked it and filled out a form. I received an automated response and am now waiting for someone to send a thoughtful response. 

0 Kudos
psyconerd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After contacting customer support the issue was resolved. In light of the issues I had with staying signed in, I recommend that anyone interested in purchasing through the links to the web store test that you stay signed in before purchasing. The VMWare websites appear to work better if all VMware web pages are closed except the one you are working on. Even so, I was getting glitchy responses when signing in. If it glitched when I signed in and didn't show me as signed in, it would respond with an incorrect credentials message. I considered that I may have typed it in wrong until having gone through the sign-in process a hundred times.

0 Kudos