VMware Communities
meejahoar
Contributor
Contributor

Please help: "Error authenticating: You are not entitled to use the system" - what to do?

I have been using VMWare Open Client (the version that was released in June 2009, doesn't have a version number, when it actually opens up it is called VMWare View Open Client) with Mac OS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard) for a couple of weeks without major incident.

Today I cannot get onto the system at all and I have started getting the following error message when I try to log on: "Error authenticating: You are not entitled to use the system".

I have never had this before. I have tried restarting my machine and reinstalling the software: nothing. My helpdesk has checked that nothing on my account is locked. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so how did you resolve it? THANKS.

Liz

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, can you try with othe user account?

In the View Admin, can you check the entitlement for the Pool/Desktop you are assigned to?

0 Kudos
meejahoar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi and thanks for your speedy reply. Apologies that I'm just a lowly worker bee, I don't think I have another user account and I don't have access to anything that tells me what entitlement for Pool/Desktop I am assigned to (but I can ask my helpdesk to check this).

Sorry to appear so stupid! What sort of other user account would I be looking for?

0 Kudos
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, another Windows account with desktop assigned

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In Horizon 7 Administrator --> Users and Groups --> Remote Access , add the user that you want to access View from outside your network.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Do you know you're replying to an 8 year old thread?

0 Kudos