VMware Communities
wongchinhui
Contributor
Contributor

Newbie questions

Hi, I'm new to vmware. I'm not sure is vmware suitable for me.

I've 3 kids they have their own Ipad, but now they need PC for school homework.

So i thinks to let them use my PC by concurrent login remote from their Ipad. yes, 1 PC with Win10 act as a server for 4 users including me.

But the problem is which vmware product have that features? Please advise.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You could setup a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure using VMware products such as Horizon hosted on vSphere, but for such a small setup I believe that would be overkill.

From what you have said it sounds to me like Microsoft have the answer in your case, install Windows Server on your PC and setup Remote Desktop Services to give your kids access to a Windows desktop and applications.

Welcome to Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2016 | Microsoft Docs

As a forum moderator I have moved your thread to the Technical Community Resources & Help area - even if a VMware solution was right for you it would not be VMware Learning Platform where you posted this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos