VMware Communities
RishabhSahu
Contributor
Contributor

I can ping succesfully to google but internet explorer says page cannot diplay and firefox says connection time out....?

Hey folks i am using vmware workstation 6.5 on my windows 7 home premium(host) and win server 2008 R2(guest)......using a usb device(tata photon plus) for internet......i am new to vmware......firewalls are off on both systems......brige doesn't work.....i'm using nat.....i can ping succesfully through command promt...but internet explorer says cannot display page  and firefox says connection time out.....packets are sucessfully send and reccieved......here is d snapshot.......Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sparrowangelste
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

its  DNS.

you arent able to resolve ips.

try going to 209.85.175.106 via firefox,

that is google.com

its your nat setup that is not configured correctly  I think.

--------------------- Sparrowangelstechnology : Vmware lover http://sparrowangelstechnology.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
lelunha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try to configure network adapter on guest os (win2k8) is Bridge .

good luck

Nha

0 Kudos
gaspipe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Maybe a firewall issue - port 80 not allowed? DNS looks ok, because it resolves google.com, when you try to ping it.

0 Kudos
pravimca
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Check the IP type, Incase the IP type is dynamic chage into static ip and give the correct DNS also.

Otherwise check the DNS Server having some probelms. OR check any proxy settings is block the internet access...

Ravi

0 Kudos
MattGeorgey
Contributor
Contributor

Rishabh,

Set the proxy [port:3128] and check.

0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Try: telnet www.google.co.uk 80 , If it does not say "Connected", you can't make a TCP connection to the web server.

And if it is connected then cross check with any Antivirus application is bolcking the site to open, if so uninstall the antivirus and check it out.

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos