VMware Communities
Aurore_Soleil
Contributor
Contributor

How can I change my VMTN username?

I'm looking for help getting my VMTN username changed. I saw previous references to requesting help from a particular user, that user isn't active anymore though.

I'd like to change my username from <da_ren_zhou_66> to <Aurore_Soleilevant>.If it's too long, you can use <Aurore_Soleil>.

thanks!

Friendship Is Magic!
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Send an email to the Community Manager Email address. For details, please see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2014076

André

Octopus_L4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I would like to ask if the process of writing an e-mail asking for a username change in VMTN Communities is reliable. I did so; I wrote two e-mails to community_mgr@vmware.com, I waited seven days (5 business days), and the change didn't happen, and I didn't even get a reply.
Is there any reliable procedure to get to the solution?

0 Kudos
Franky-Barragan
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Lubomir. Thank you for your patience and apologies for the lack of response.

I’ll work on this and get back to you later this afternoon. 

Franky-Barragan
Community Manager
Community Manager

Username has been updated to Aurore_Soleil. Looks like there is a 15 character limit. 

Once again, my apologies. I'll keep a closer eye on this channel to make sure requests don't fall through the cracks. 

0 Kudos
Octopus_L4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @Franky-Barragan, thanks for your reply. Please see the PM from me in VMTN, there is a detail. The username "Aurore_Soleil" is mentioned above, and it is another user, not me. I just linked my problem to this thread. At the moment I don't have the name I want.

Please inform me about the change made via PM or e-mail. Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Octopus_L4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I confirm that the change went well. Thank you for resolving my request, @Franky-Barragan.

Information for others in the community: one way to solve a similar problem is to write a PM directly to the community manager here at VMTN.

0 Kudos