VMware Communities
solgaeDK
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Fling website "Access is denied" with Safari 8???

I am trying to access Flings – VMware Labs in Safari 8, but I'm getting the page that says this:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://labs.vmware.com/flings" on this server.

Reference #18.a1f34317.1436275172.784d6bb

But using any other browser allows me to browse it.

What is going on? What's so special about the website that the site is blocking Safari?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
solgaeDK
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Resolved this by clearing website data. (Safari menu -> Preferences -> Privacy tab -> Remove all Website data) It does clear out your cookies, but at least it made the site working again. Not clearing it for years probably caused the problem.

Credit goes to this blog post that gave me the hint: Access Denied - You don't have permission to access ... | Support Insider - VMware Blogs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
solgaeDK
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Resolved this by clearing website data. (Safari menu -> Preferences -> Privacy tab -> Remove all Website data) It does clear out your cookies, but at least it made the site working again. Not clearing it for years probably caused the problem.

Credit goes to this blog post that gave me the hint: Access Denied - You don't have permission to access ... | Support Insider - VMware Blogs

0 Kudos