VMware Communities
nnoel
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 4.1 installed on Cisco UCS hangs on Multiextent Loaded Successfully

I am trying to configure my first UCS blade with ESXi 4.1.  I have created a service profile on the UCS and applied it to the blade and installed ESXi.  During configuration, I have found that during reboots the server always hangs on Multiextent Loaded Successfully.  My research has been pointing to storage as the problem and when I remove the vHBAs from the service profile, ESXi boots successfully every time.  We are trying to configure two types of storage connections, neither of them is working.  The first type is connecting through Cisco MDS 9124's.  We have found that we need to upgrade the Cisco OS on the MDS's and have that planned for this weekend.  The other type of storage connection is a direct connect from the Cisco 6120's to the Netapp FAS 3140 to 8G SFP cards.  I have created a vSAN in the UCS and applied it to the eight storage FC ports.

Has anyone else tried to do this and experienced this problem?  I am planning to open a case with Cisco if necessary after we upgrade the MDS switches this weekend.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Natalie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
nnoel
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone else runs into this problem the answer is that there is an ESXi installation .iso that was built for Cisco UCS and on the same link there are drivers to install if you just want to do that.

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/esxi41_cisco_oem_iso/ZCV0YnRkdHdiZHdldA==

Natalie

0 Kudos