VMware Communities
jn_knight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Change my username?

Hello,

Following an update, I would like to know how to update my username visible for the community or who to contact?

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator's can't do this (I used to be one), only the forum admins. There's a contact email address in the thread you linked to, have you emailed them yet? community_mgr@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Click your avatar on the upper right, and select My Settings from the drop down menu.

André

0 Kudos
jn_knight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello @a_p_,

Thanks for your answer, but when I go to the settings, I didn't find any option to change my username/login. In fact I want to change "knight_jn" and in other community posts (https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Technical-Community-Resources/Change-username/m-p/967675), I saw that only the moderator can do it for us.

knight_jn_0-1623394034673.png

Regards,

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator's can't do this (I used to be one), only the forum admins. There's a contact email address in the thread you linked to, have you emailed them yet? community_mgr@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jn_knight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I just did it.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Octopus_L4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi scott28tt, I would like to ask if the process of writing an e-mail asking for a username change in VMTN Communities is reliable. I did so; I wrote two e-mails to community_mgr@vmware.com, I waited seven days (5 business days), and the change didn't happen, and I didn't even get a reply.
Is there any reliable procedure to get to the solution?

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos