VMware Communities
NimishDesai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Articale is not posting and can not be seen without login and only by auther

Team

I published below doc

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-NSX-Documents/VMware-NSX-T-Reference-Design/tac-p/2778108#M...

I published it, it says publshied it

1) I can not open it from other browser

2) And anyone else can not open it

What is the trick?

- Nimish desain@vmware.com

0 Kudos
12 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@NimishDesai 

As I mentioned on the report you made, this document looks OK to me.

What do you see compared to what you expected to see? (Screenshots may help)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
NimishDesai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

HI,

When I share the links to anyone, user complains its not accessible

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-NSX-Documents/VMware-NSX-T-Reference-Design/ta-p/2778093

Also redirect from older links e.g.

https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-37591

When I access any of the above links from non-signed browser its shows the same results.

I see it when i have logged into site.

See attached screen shot.

- Nimish

0 Kudos
NimishDesai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

And I do not see document posted at all

0 Kudos
NimishDesai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

How do I make the permission so anyone can see this doc. One can see the doc when user login but not without.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@NimishDesai 

All the links work perfectly for me, but then I'm logged in - which I believe is a hard requirement of VMTN.

If you have content you want to share with people who do not have a VMTN login, I think you'll need to find another method/platform.

Let's see what @jennivmtn says too though...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
NimishDesai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This page or doc was accessible without VMTN login. There is some level hickup i cannot figure out. And I do not want to create another doc as it loose its original reference in many place.

- Nimish

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@NimishDesai 

Perhaps on the old Jive platform, but not with Khoros it seems.

0 Kudos
NimishDesai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

My other colleagues doc is posted and it works. Who can I escalate this?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@NimishDesai 

I already tagged @jennivmtn 😉

0 Kudos
NimishDesai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@jennivmtn 

There are lots of complain I am getting and many other site refers to this doc URL. My SVP just ask me to fix as he is sharing with his team.

Either 1) fix this permission and retain the original links 2) I can create new doc but I will re-direction to new doc

I am available via internal VMware directory for a call.

- Nimish Desai

0 Kudos
jennivmtn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi everyone, for some reason the platform marked the post as spam so I have removed it from that. Should be viewable now.

Jenni
VMTN Community Manager
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
NimishDesai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

THANKS its working 🙂

0 Kudos