VMware Communities
fernaldj
Contributor
Contributor

Adding storage with LSI Mega-Raid 9261-8i Storage Adapter

Hello,

When I try to add my storage array (25TB), I get the following error: "Call "HostDatastoreSystem.QueryVmfsDatastoreCreateOptions" for object "ha-datastoresystem" on ESXi "10.20.160.203" failed."

The server recognizes that I have an LSI Mega-Raid 9261-8i adapter and knows the disks are there, but cannot do anything with them.  How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

ESXi 4.x is limited to LUN sizes of 2 TB minus 512 Bytes. You either need to split the RAID into smaller logical volumes or wait for ESXi 5.0 which is expected to be released in a few weeks.

André

0 Kudos
fernaldj
Contributor
Contributor

André,

I was afraid it was going to be the 2TB limit.  Thanks for the information.  Would you know if VMware is distributing any beta versions of the ESXi 5.0 software?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

beta for vSphere5 is over. We now await GA which is predicted to be sometime Q3 2011.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Like for most products there is a beta program for vSphere 5. You may try to apply at http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/beta/betainterest

However, since the product is close to be released, I doubt that you will be invited at this time.

André

0 Kudos
fernaldj
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you both for the info about the beta software.  I'll look forward to the v5 release.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos