VMware Communities
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Action required: Non-compliant VMware account - can somebody please help ?

Hello

For reasons I do not completely understand it looks like my email address webmaster@sanbarrow.com somehow triggered an alarm.

I receeived an email that suggest to modify something related to my registered email-address with a deadline of  January 14th.
Can somebody help with resolving this problem  without  the need of changing my registered email and more important without wiping all my posts, vexpert status and so on ?

Full text of the email is attached

Thank you

Ulli

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@continuum 

Not sure there’s anyone on VMTN that can help directly with this.

What response did you get from vmwaresupportcompliance@vmware.com when you emailed them?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

According to what I see in "myVMware" I dont think I have the right to request support on anything.

So I have not contacted them yet

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@continuum 

That  is the team who can best advise you, I would email them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

From what I understood (got a similar email some time ago):
- VMware requires users to be registered with personlized email addresses, rather than admin, webmaster, ...
- User which non-personalized email addresses who are not "Superuser", or "Procurement Contact" will not be able to open support cases anymore.

André

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Scott - I send an email to the team a few days ago and got no answer so far.

I think that I am not considered as a customer  ...

Ulli

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@continuum 

No idea what else to suggest, sorry.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Still no reply on my email and the deadline is in a week.

Is it normal that my email account has 2 users listed ?
vmware-account-issue.jpgUlli

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Hey Ulli,

you can have multiple accounts in your portal, i.e. another user can invite you, and give you access to his account.
It's a two step process. In the first step the user sends you an invitation, and the second is on you to accept that invitation.

André

0 Kudos