VMware Communities
Felix001
Contributor
Contributor

2 Physical NICS + 1 vswitch

Hi,

I need to assign 2 physical NIC`s to 1 virtual switch. The problem also being that my management service console is also assigned to thei virtual switch.

Does anyone know the best way to do this ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MarekZdrojewski

Hi there,

Please take a look at this VMware KB article under section "Solutions".

Regards.

| Blog: https://defaultreasoning.com | Twitter: @MarekDotZ |
0 Kudos
Felix001
Contributor
Contributor

I see that there are details about Secondary Service Console Networks but this is only based on using different subnets. In this occassion I need to use 2 NICs assigned to the same vswitch as they both need to be in the same subnet.

Thanks for your help so far....

0 Kudos
MarekZdrojewski

OK, but what are you trying to achieve? Could you be more specific about your setup pls?

Regards.

| Blog: https://defaultreasoning.com | Twitter: @MarekDotZ |
0 Kudos
ProPenguin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I maybe miss reading your question and I appologize if I am but you just need to go to the vSwitch's Properties.  Then click on the "Network Adapters" tab and then click the "Add..." button.  Then just pick the appropriote adapter to add.  I have multiple vSwitches with multiple adapters.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Felix001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a LAN which is 192.168.1.0/24. This is configured on all devices within 1 virtual switch. This vswitch has a physical NIC attached (that goes off to a wireless access point) and also have a service console configured for management into the ESX box.

To this LAN I want to add a physical Load Balancer. I have 1 spare NIC on my ESX which I want to configure to allow me to talk to this LoadBalancer.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Felix001
Contributor
Contributor

Yep I tried to add an additional NIC yesterday. When I did this I did have 2 NIC assigned to a single vswitch but I could not ping anything on that LAN including the service console IP.

Thanks all you help so far......

0 Kudos