VMware Modern Apps Community
msalahshur
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

enable embedded harbor registry failure

Hello to all

I installed tanzu on vsphere 7  using nsx-t. When I enable the embedded harbor registry in the supervisor cluster, I have the following problem.

supervisor clustersupervisor clustertanzu versiontanzu version03.JPG04.JPG05.JPGnsx-tnsx-t

I set the value of MTUs to 1600 and None of the control plane vm has a problem. 
I deactivated the workload once and reinstalled it.

Thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GaborT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello!

We also had the same problem, after weeks of investigation it turned out that the names of the esxi hosts have capital letters. After renaming them all to lowercase names and restarting the hosts, I was able to enable the Harbor

Regards,

G

View solution in original post

9 Replies
eric2015
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It looks there might be some issue with networking. Could you run `kubectl describe <harbor-core-pod> -n <harbor-ns>` on the harbor core pod or the harbor database pod? This would provide more details why the pod couldn't come up.

0 Kudos
rguske
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi, does this issue still exist? Sorry for the late reply.
Twitter: @vmw_rguske
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-guske-830853111/
Boyd94596
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Procedure
In the vSphere Client, browse to the vCenter cluster where Workload Management is enabled.
Select Configure.
Select Supervisor Cluster.
Select Image Registry.
Click Enable Harbor.
Select the Storage Policy for placement of container images.
Click OK to complete the process.

0 Kudos
McDonald43452
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Note:
To use the embedded Harbor Registry, you must deploy the Supervisor Cluster with NSX-T Data Center as the networking solution. See Configuring NSX-T Data Center for vSphere with Tanzu.

Procedure
In the vSphere Client, browse to the vCenter cluster where Workload Management is enabled.
Select Configure.
Select Supervisor Cluster.
Select Image Registry.
Click Enable Harbor.
Select the Storage Policy for placement of container images.
Click OK to complete the process.

mycenturahealth

GaborT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello!

We also had the same problem, after weeks of investigation it turned out that the names of the esxi hosts have capital letters. After renaming them all to lowercase names and restarting the hosts, I was able to enable the Harbor

Regards,

G

centurasign
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

None of the control plane vms are experiencing any issues after I changed the MTU value to 1600.
Workload was removed and reloaded once.

I appreciate your interest.

Mycenturahealth

0 Kudos
Randye
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Enabling an embedded Harbor registry may fail due to various reasons. Here are some common issues that may cause the failure and their corresponding solutions:

1. Insufficient system resources: Harbor requires a certain amount of system resources to operate, and if those resources are not available, the registry may fail to start. Check that your system meets the minimum requirements for running Harbor, and if necessary, allocate more resources.

2. Port conflict: If the port that Harbor is configured to listen on is already in use by another application, the registry will fail to start. Check that the port is not being used by another application, or configure Harbor to use a different port.

3. Firewall or network configuration: If there are firewall rules or network configuration settings that prevent the registry from communicating with other components or external clients, the registry may fail to start. Check that the necessary ports are open and that the network configuration allows traffic to flow to and from the registry.

4. Configuration errors: If there are errors in the Harbor configuration file, the registry may fail to start. Check that the configuration file is properly formatted and that all required settings are set correctly.

5. Docker daemon not running: If the Docker daemon is not running, Harbor may fail to start. Check that the Docker daemon is running and that it is configured to listen on the correct port.

6. Permission issues: If the user running Harbor does not have the necessary permissions to access certain directories or files, the registry may fail to start. Check that the user running Harbor has the necessary permissions to access all required files and directories.

Once you have identified the issue causing the failure, you can take the appropriate steps to resolve it and try starting the embedded Harbor registry again. PaybyPlateMa

Catyssun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just Tested this I am happy to tell you. You solved my issue within a short period of time. PayByPlateMa com Online Toll Bills

0 Kudos
bengandon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The messages above are spams, please don't click on the links.. 😬 I wonder where the moderators are? 🤔

0 Kudos