VMware Communities
bennynatt
Contributor
Contributor

changing mhz to ghz processor?

Hi there. I am unsure if I am posting this on the right forum but may I ask why is my M1 mac showing a MHZ for processor when running Windows? Is there any way I can change this to GHz instead?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
degvm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where do you find that information? Try Powershell inside the Windows VM and confirm the settings mit "systeminfo".

https://www.action1.com/how-to-get-cpu-information-in-windows-powershell/#:~:text=Open%20the%20tab%2....

The information in systeminfo might be in Mhz, but switching to the Taskmanager "Performance" you will find the CPU information in GHz. It depends on the programs or API you are using.

Kind regards

Sascha

0 Kudos
ezbg
Contributor
Contributor

sorry not possible

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

its fixed and its given by the application developer how they has build it.

Hope this has helped you even not resolved the problem.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

@Alfista_PS wrote:

Hi,

its fixed and its given by the application developer how they has build it.

Hope this has helped you even not resolved the problem.

It's not clear what the OP was using to report the CPU speed figure, so it's not clear who is the "application developer". 

The CPU speed figure is meaningless anyway. macOS controls the frequency of the host CPU cores that a vCPU runs on, not the guest. That CPU frequency can be dynamically changed by macOS and is not noted back to the VM. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos