VMware Support Community
Dorner2011
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Horizon Client Crashes on iPadOS

X-post from other forum (will delete that post)

Running iPadOS 15.7.1 (considered by Apple to be “up to date” along with iPadOS 16.1).  iPad Air, 4th Generation (2020).  Using with Logi Folio Touch keyboard/trackpad. Running latest version of Horizon client.

Horizon client crashes at random after logging into remote access.  Crashes usually happen between 2 minutes and 20 minutes after logging in.  Video is attached showing the issue (this was shot approx. 60 seconds after logging into my company's remote desktop access).  Usually crashes occur while doing basic tasks, e.g., editing documents or typing e-mails.

Please advise of any potential solutions or if more information is needed.  Might some background application be causing this?  Could it be the keyboard/mouse hardware?  This is driving me crazy.  Thanks to all.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post needs moving to the area for Horizon, I have reported it to the moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Dorner2011
Contributor
Contributor

Darn, I thought I got it right.  Sorry--please move to the proper forum.

0 Kudos
Dorner2011
Contributor
Contributor

This hasn't been moved yet, but if anyone has thoughts, please share them.  This thread has received a lot of views.

0 Kudos
LucGraas
Contributor
Contributor

Hy, 

we have exactly the same error!

Did you get any help or reply from Vmware?

We have in around 90 ipad's where the users have the same problem. 

0 Kudos