VMware Support Community
Arby111
Contributor
Contributor

Just how pathetic is VMWare???!!!

So, I went to the VMWare store to purchase Workstation Pro.   In the course of making selections a dialog pops up asking what level of support I wanted.  I clicked both Basic and nothing worked and clicked Skip and nothing.  Dialog would not disappear, and I could not move on.  So, I switched from Edge to Chrome browser and repeated.  This time at least Skip worked but Basic was still non-responsive.  Then I got to the place where one clicked the "Almost Done" button after entering in the payment info.  I clicked it in both browsers and some red fine print flashes and again nothing!  Of course, the red print flashed too fast to read so I had no idea what was wrong.  All my info was correct, and the credit card works everywhere else just fine.  Then this is the best part.  The email address that they gave to contact them if the purchase could not be made didn't work.  My email got kicked back.  Further, there is NO phone number or contact method on the entire VMWare website other then maybe Technical Support for their products which I don't have at this point.  Clearly this company does not want to talk or deal with their customers or potential customers.  I guess Customer Service is just too much of a burden for them!  This was enough to convince me that I DO NOT WANT further dealings with this company as they are beyond LAME.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
orddie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you happen to have an add blocker in place on the network, on your machine, or in the browsers?

0 Kudos
aakalan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is a great example of prejudice.

You don't know where the problem is. Maybe it is on your computer?

What troubleshooting you have done? We don't know.

Also there are other several ways to buy products and support.

ignaciotorres62
Contributor
Contributor

I understand the frustration, but even though this first experience was a bad one, would you consider give them a second chance if we try to help you out?

I've been a user for more than 15 years and one of the things I value is the customer support, so just to give another opinion and sometimes even with the best things fail.

Let us know if you wish to continue, you will have the support of the community.

mbufkin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've been dealing with VMware since 2008. I've never experienced the issue you described. I've purchased several Workstation licenses over the years. What browser are you using? Do you have an ad blocker?

0 Kudos
JamesKing75
Contributor
Contributor

‘There are enough options out there’ - there are? What other virtualization platforms compete in the enterprise space? Roll your own FOSS is a support nightmare and is almost impossible to staff reliably. I get VMware is far from a perfect product but I think you’re not being realistic about how green the grass is on the other side of the hill.

0 Kudos
Jeff_DDP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It took just a couple of clicks on the VMware Store site to find the directions in the FAQ to open a non-technical Support Request for the VMware Online Store.  You don't need to be a customer (i.e. already own software) to have an account.  Store Home / FAQ / Still need assistance?

And there's the 'Chat with an Expert' link.  Add to that, there are number of consumer retailers that sell Workstation Pro; it does not have to be purchased from the VMware Store.

0 Kudos