VMware Cloud Community
marcos82
Contributor
Contributor

service console memory

Hello,

i have a cluster of 10 node and i set on the node 512MB the amount of memory for service console, now i have some problem with vmotion and support said that can be the low free memory: from 50 to 100mb .. and suggested me to upgrade at 800MB the memory for service console.

What do you think? of course i have a lot of VM... about 200

Thanks

Marco

0 Kudos
1 Reply
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I can tell you I always recommend to my customers that they should configure their ESX servers to have the maximum amount of memory which is 800 MB and is best practice. At minimum, if the customer does not feel they can sacrificie that extra memory at minimum I have them configure the Service Console Swap Space to 1600 MB so if and when they decide to increase Service Console memory they do not need to resize the swap space.

I would increase your Service Console memory but do not forget you will also need to increase the Service Console Swapy Space if it is set to anything less than 1600 MB - the swap space need to be at least 2x the amount of memory assigned to tge Service Console

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos