VMware Cloud Community
vTrack
Contributor
Contributor

customizing vmmark and some failures

Hello,

I am in process of using VMmark benchmark for performance tests, howver ended up with failures.

My setup is configured in a way that VMs cannot ping vCenter's FQDN. But i read that is mandatory for vmmark runs. Is that true? I have not reached that stage yet, but i am assuming a failure can happen later.

Secondly, is there a way to skip some of the tests? For ex, I don't need the vmware tools upgrade test to be run, is there a way to disable the tests?

Finally, a staf ping failure on Windows VMs. A manual *staf <ip> ping ping* fails. I verified both VMs have staf installed and running, not sure why that happens.. Anyways I am still looking at those, but if you have some answers, please let me know..

/TT.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vTrack
Contributor
Contributor

the staf ping issue is resolved... however would like to about test selection and how to disable tests in VMmark... Thanks again.

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Take a look at the current VMmark2 Benchmarking guide.  The section titled "Running a Subset of the Workloads (a Partial Tile)" should help you run your environment with fewer workloads.

-Joshua
0 Kudos