Storage

View Only
  • 1.  Virtual Center - No VM Disk performance option

Posted Sep 11, 2008 04:26 PM

Hi Guys,

We run a piece of software that collects the performance stats from Virtual Center. A customer using the software on trial as noted we are missing the VM Disk performance info (kb read/write, read/write operations). I asked him to check the Disk data was visible in the performance tab of Virtual Center. At this point we found that there is no Disk option on his performance tab for VMs. Which would explain why we are not collecting the data.

Statistics Collection was at level 3 and he'd turned it up to level 4 to see if this "sprung" it into life. It did not.

Does anybody know how he can get that Disk information for VMs turned on in Virtual Center. I've not come across a copy of Virtual Center which doesn't have that information before. But I'm hopeing theres an option tucked away someplace to turn the VM Disk statistics on and off.

Any hints welcome!

Phil

• 2.  RE: Virtual Center - No VM Disk performance option

Posted Nov 07, 2008 12:22 PM

You can change the statistics levels from the "VirtualCenter Management Server Configuration" window available from the Administration menu on the VI client.

Note that this can increase the VC Database size quite significantly.

Changing the 5min stats for 1 day to level 3 (from default 2) should capture additional disk stats.