VMware Cloud Community
nvkhai
Contributor
Contributor

Storage IBM FS5035 Pool issues

Dear all,

I'm so sorry to bother you. I know my topic is not related to vSan.but I think there are a lot of Storage Expert Engineers here that can help me with the problem I'm having.

Today, I faced some problem with Storage FS 5035

I have 1 Data Reduction Pool with 4 volumes run Compression and Deduplicated (4 Volume mapping with ESXi Host) . I decided to delete these 4 volumes and create a new one. I do the basic steps to delete a volume as follows:

- Migration Datastorage on ESXi to another datastorage

- Detach volume mapping on ESXi

- Unmap Mapping Volume on IBM Management

- Delete the whole volumes in DRP Pool

The process went smoothly, all 4 volumes were deleted, But When I go to Pool detail, I see the data in the Pool is still there:

nvkhai_0-1655797597300.png

nvkhai_1-1655797612688.png

So I decided to delete that Pool and create a new one, but IBM does not allow it because there is data in the Pool

nvkhai_2-1655797633634.png

I tried another way by deleting/remove Mdisk from the Pool, but it requires another Mdisk to migrate the data.

nvkhai_3-1655797649099.png

So can you tell me how I can format or delete this Poo1 - DRP? I just want to delete the entire Pool without caring about the data problem. And i also wonder why the data is still there while i have migrated over to the new datastorage in ESXi and deleted the entire volumes?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Moderator note: moved it to "storage performance" rather than vSAN, as it isn't vSAN related. It actually really isn't vSphere related it seems, but you may find someone in here that has the same storage array.

rjnrjn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi nvkhai,

Did you resolve this problem?
Normally GC would unmap all allocated data in background.
After a while the pool should be empty.

Best regards,

Ruurd

0 Kudos