VMware Cloud Community
nootrak4
Contributor
Contributor

Slow VMs

I have Vista/WS 08 32bit/64bit and they run slow why is that. when i check the kind of power they are using it shows me they are using anywhere between 200-400mhz. how comput it just doesnt take the whole thing and make divided with the 3 of them.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Leafy911
Expert
Expert

VMware will only provide what is requested from the VMs you have, as to why they are slow could be down to a number of factors. But I can't tell from the information you have provided what it could be. What VMware product are you using, what hardware is it on, what storage is it on, network setup? All of these and more can affect the running of a VM.

Regards

Leafy911

Regards Leafy911 (Dont forget you recieve points when you award points)
0 Kudos
nootrak4
Contributor
Contributor

yah i started to play with it more and found out my hardware was the problem. i have other question how can i assign a particular USB port on the server. I have external drives that i use for backup and i dont want to plug it in and something go wrong as i dont have a spare USB drive around. Is this possible with EXSi. i know you cant do this under a MS Virtual PC or anything other one like MS Virtual PC. Also i'm trying to mover the VM i created yesterday to a new server with more power but i dont want to set them all up again how can i move them without having to recreate them again. if you can point me to a tutorial i would be more then happy to follow it. All im doing is testing so i can consolidate but i need to become an expert at this. I told my boss about it and he loved the idea and i even did a little presentation for him and his really want to get this going so this is where i stand. Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Leafy911
Expert
Expert

I haven't used ESXi much so I dont know about the USB question (I didn't think that ESX recognised USB ports?)

As for transfering your VMs to another server, try this free tool http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-fastscp.html

Regards

Leafy911

(Dont forget you recieve points when you award points)

Regards Leafy911 (Dont forget you recieve points when you award points)
0 Kudos