VMware Cloud Community
smkrt
Contributor
Contributor

Performance Tunning Oracle EBS 11 on VMWARE ESX 3.5

I have recently started evalutaion of VMWARE ESX 3.5, I had two Dell PowerEdge 28XX series server which we being used as preproduction of Oracle EBS.

Server1 had Application Teir and Server2 was DataBase tier, the performance was exceptable at on the phycial machines, I have moved them now to ESX server, there is only one user connected to the EBS and analysing the performance of EBS on vmware. He is complaining about the performance, every now and then he comes up new information of degraded performance after the migration from Physcial to Virtual.

Can anyone help me to fine tune the Virtual Machines Running RHEL AS 4, running Oracle EBS 11, Database is on Oracle 10g.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Your post has been moved to the Performance forum

Dave Mishchenko

VMware Communities User Moderator

0 Kudos
Phil_White
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you please provide more details of your setup?

Are you using local storage or SAN/iSCSI based?

How many pCPUs do you have?(how many vCPU given to the VM?)

How much RAM do you have?(Also how much is allocated to VM)

The biggest performance difference I can imagine and have seen in a virtual environment with databases has been disk i/o followed by cpu/ram.

I don't know enough about your application server but I can venture to guess it's not getting even close to as hammered as your database server is. Give us some more info on your setup and I'll try my best to lend you a hand.

0 Kudos