VMware Cloud Community
kristein
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How to design Virtualized environment once i have completed running Capacity Planner Tool in a Datacenter

How to design and Virtualized environment once i have completed running Capacity Planner Tool in a Datacenter and also got the information about the server sizing and identified candidates for migrating to Virtualized environemnt.

What is really the next step to start, i need to do some kindof design and show it to the customer that these are the benfits which helps in server consolidation in Vlzed environment.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mohammad1982
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

First thing is to get the Customer requirement, What does customer exactly want?

Check what featues the customer need, does customer need all the

features of VMware like HA, DRS, FT,VDR, vDVS,vshield zones etc.

Then check for the consolidation ratio, How many esx servers are needed.

Ask customer if he needs to use the existing hard ware, check the hardware compatibility list of VMware to check if it is supported.

Check how many NIC adapters each host gonna have, also check how much is the CPU and memory for each host.

How many HBA's will be used.

What storage the customer like to use and check if it is supported by VMware.

Based on all the information provided by the customer you design a solution.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Mohammad Wasim

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Mohammad Wasim
0 Kudos
kristein
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks a lot, it would be great help if you can provide any such document or any link from where i can download the same.

0 Kudos