VMware Cloud Community
Danny991
Contributor
Contributor

Can Ping but have no connection to external services

Hey,

I've got strange problem with my VLAN network. My configuration is: one pNIC to which is connected vSwitch. To vSwitch are connected two virtual machines. My purpose is to have possibilty to use external services (browsing Internet, connecting via SSH to other machines) on both. I can connect via SSH to virtual machines but I can't connect from virtual machines to any external services (for example SSH). What's more I can ping all machines (google.com, machines from internal network etc) from virtual machines and I can ping virtual machines from my host. What could cause this strange problem. I didn't make any changes in vSwitch and managment network configurations.

I will add that my firewall configurations allow for all possible traffic.

Here is picture with my network configuration on esx:

network.JPG

I'll hope you'll help as fast as possible. It's very important for me. I would be really grateful if you could help me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rickardnobel
Champion
Champion

One thing that certainly looks strange is that your physical vmnic seems to run in 10 mbit half duplex. This is extremely low and could cause many network errors. Do you know why it has been set into that mode?

My VMware blog: www.rickardnobel.se
0 Kudos