VMware Support Community
Joffer77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSAN Health Report question - "Analysis Status: Completed Run Plugins (0 out of 103 matched)"

I scheduled the vSAN Health Report to run for a vCenter that runs a small vSAN 8 ESA cluster. The report I got was "empty". It basicely showed "0 0 0" and and the rest of the info was:

Log Directory: domain-c12-<ClusterName>
Hostname: <vcenter fqdn>-vSAN-<ClusterName> Log Date: 2023-04-18T09:15:39
VMware vCenter Server 8.0.0-build-21457384
Analysis Status: Completed Run Plugins (0 out of 103 matched)

1. Is vSAN 8 ESA supported, or only OSA?
  2. Does the analysis status indicate that none of the 103 checks/plugins was run, or that it was no errors/problems?
  3. What is the difference of the vCenter and vSAN health checks? I read the vCenter does vSAN checks too?

Since I can only schedule one health check per vCenter, I've changed this scheduled check into a vCenter check for now.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
anshumansingh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @Joffer77 ,

Can you please share SHD logs along with the task Id for vSAN Health check run, we need to look into the logs to confirm if none of the existing vSAN Health check plugins did not match for the provided vCenter server ?

0 Kudos
Joffer77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sure.

The ID I see from the "show reports" page where the VSAN_SCAN task/type lists zero issues is 2b277c97e0771f24.

I've sent the logs to the email listed in the "help & support" page, refering to this post.

0 Kudos
Joffer77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you receive the email?

0 Kudos