VMware Support Community
NickDaGeekUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

cannot activate scheduler, passphrase save button always greyed out

Hi, I have reset the key passphrase via SSH as per 

Change the Passphrase for Scheduler Key (vmware.com)

and

Forgot the Passphrase for Scheduler (vmware.com)

to no avail.

I have also updated both tools and VCG and rebooted the appliance and tried both Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.

I cannot save email alerts configuration unless I enable the scheduler.

Any suggestions please?

any ideas?

Kind regards,
Nick.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
anshumansingh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @NickDaGeekUK ,

We suspect the password complexity requirements are not met here, that could be the reason UI is not enabling the SAVE button.
If that's not the case then its an UI issue whihc we need to debug, we are happy to schedule a call and debug the issue on the setup as per your availabilty.

0 Kudos
NickDaGeekUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Anushman,

Can you confirm the password complexity requirements please as I had thought I had complied with them.

"Passphrase key is 12 to 32 characters alphanumeric string with special charecters"

I tried this again today and added a number and then got a save button so the password complexity message needs to be updated. 

I had previously used Upper and Lower Case with a special character and it did not work and would not allow the save button to activate.

I tried to put in a passphrase that included a number and immediately got the save button. Obviously, it didn't match the key I had setup previously without a number and I got the invalid key message.

So I reinitialized the credential store with a passphrase that included Upper and Lower Case with both a number and a special character.

Having done this with a new passphrase which included a number (third time lucky is what they say isn't it?) the scheduler finally accepted the passphrase. I have activated scheduler and set up SMTP and a scheduled job. 

It looks to me as if the on screen prompt for password complexity needs rewriting to include numbers 🙂

cheers

Nick

Kind regards,
Nick.
0 Kudos
anshumansingh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @NickDaGeekUK ,

Thanks for the detailed feedback, point taken let us work on fixing the UI issues you suggested.
We will try to deliver the fixes in next release of SHD

Thanks and Regards,

Anshuman

NickDaGeekUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Anushman,

you are most welcome, look forward to the change in the next release.

In the meantime it might be worth telling the documentation team as they can edit the online instructions to include this information.

all the best

Nick

Kind regards,
Nick.