VMware Support Community
telliott1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to reset Skyline Health shd-admin password - Forgot password

I have searched everywhere but am not able to find a way to reset the password for shd-admin user. I was able to reset the root user password without issue. Can someone provide me with a way to reset the shd-admin user as the password has been lost.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ksram
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@telliott1 Yes. With the current limitations we have, loosing shd-admin password makes the appliance unusable. I am working on adding the ability to reset the password for shd-admin most likely in next release. 

However you may be able to reset the current installation to fresh state by renaming the database and restart of service. Database is at /opt/vmware-shd/vmware-shd/db/vmware-shd.db. Post this just run shd-user command to re-initialize the shd-admin account. Replacing the database will result in loosing historical reports and any user configuration that was present. 

-Thanks

Ram

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ksram
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Currently we have no documented methods to reset the SHD Admin password if it has been lost/forgotten,

-Thanks

Ram

0 Kudos
telliott1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Please provide some kind of resolution then. Does this mean we have to reinstall the Skyline Health appliance VM?

0 Kudos
ksram
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@telliott1 Yes. With the current limitations we have, loosing shd-admin password makes the appliance unusable. I am working on adding the ability to reset the password for shd-admin most likely in next release. 

However you may be able to reset the current installation to fresh state by renaming the database and restart of service. Database is at /opt/vmware-shd/vmware-shd/db/vmware-shd.db. Post this just run shd-user command to re-initialize the shd-admin account. Replacing the database will result in loosing historical reports and any user configuration that was present. 

-Thanks

Ram

0 Kudos
telliott1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This worked. However, just an FYI, after shd-admin user initialization, I had to reboot Skyline Health VM in order to log into the web UI.

0 Kudos
ksram
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@telliott1 Thanks for the update, Restart should not have been required. SHD is expected to work without system reboot. Let me check if there is some failure in that area.

-Thanks

Ram

0 Kudos
bradsher98494
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for help, I have same issue from last couple of days but now it would be solved. Really appreciate.

0 Kudos
sugumar_konica
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is this been resolved? I do not want to rename the db and loss any data. Please help me with more details...

0 Kudos