VMware Support Community
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

SHD 3.0.3 problems...

Hi,

i have updated from skyline 3.0.2 where I had problems with upgrade over internal upgrade menu  to SDH 3.0.3.

Then I find that the new notification menu doesn't work (only rotating wheel). after that I do a new clean install of the 3.0.3 version but still the same issues.

Please can any body help me and these two problems:

1. why I get error by check tool update: Download failed - Connecting to the update site failed

2. when I choose Notification Settings I get only graded screen with rotating wheel

Thanks.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
Labels (3)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
richard_kessay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Have you tried clearing the browser cache and cookies?

I had trouble with the site not displaying correctly and throwing errors, and clearing cache and cookies solved that.

Best of Luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

it helps, but it was needed to have to it the light theme, then it was possible to change it and also to get back to dark theme.

Thanks.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

thanks for info, we will try it, but would like to know if its needed a full new install of it or its possible to grate it directly from UI, while when we check the updates, we don’t see it there.
And also would like if its in downloads the new version while I can find it. I see there only the 3.0.3 version.

Thanks.
Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

OK then here helped the same as before.

Clean all caches and history in the browser.

I got an info that the API was changed for login and this cause these problems, while browser try to load the old one.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
richard_kessay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Have you tried clearing the browser cache and cookies?

I had trouble with the site not displaying correctly and throwing errors, and clearing cache and cookies solved that.

Best of Luck!

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

it helps, but it was needed to have to it the light theme, then it was possible to change it and also to get back to dark theme.

Thanks.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

but the update doesn't still work only the notification settings.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Correction:

the update still doesn't work.
Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
0 Kudos
anshumansingh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @Alfista_PS ,

We have a new SHD 3.5.0 version available, can you please elt us know if update to this version works for you?

If not whats the error you see please do share shd log files, which can be gathered from SHD UI -> Setting -> Support 

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

thanks for info, we will try it, but would like to know if its needed a full new install of it or its possible to grate it directly from UI, while when we check the updates, we don’t see it there.
And also would like if its in downloads the new version while I can find it. I see there only the 3.0.3 version.

Thanks.
Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
0 Kudos
anshumansingh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @Alfista_PS ,

The new SHD bits will uploaded by end of this week, will keep you updated on this.

You can update the SHD from its UI itself, if you face any error please collect the SHD logs and share it with us.

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

OK thanks, I will wait and then let you know how it works and if the update was done correctly.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have tried to update it directly from the Update menu, but the SHD doesn't work.

I have downloaded the update - was correctly downloaded.

then it told me that the update will be installed after reboot, but there wasn't the reboot button, then I have rebooted the SHD from the vCenter. After that the system boot looked as usual, without any messages that its updated. Then I wait some time that all microservices are started, but after that when I trie to log I get error message:

Oops! An Error occurred!

Error Message:

but its free, without any message.

It looks that the update isn't correctly installed.

Please impossible to help me?

Thanks.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have wrote to the support while this problem is also after deploying the new 3.5.0 version directly from OVA.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

OK then here helped the same as before.

Clean all caches and history in the browser.

I got an info that the API was changed for login and this cause these problems, while browser try to load the old one.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Tags (1)
0 Kudos