VMware Support Community
CFPUA
Contributor
Contributor

How to change on-site Skyline password policy

I tried using this KB https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Skyline-Health-Diagnostics/services/Skyline-Health-Diagnostics/GUI...

When I do cd /opt/vmware-shd/vmware-shd/app/apiserver/ it says no such file or directory

0 Kudos
6 Replies
lflemming
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi CFPUA, 

Two things to check,
Can you make sure that you are at the home/root level (ie not already in a subfolder)
Can you change directory to a higher level first, such as cd opt or cd /opt/vmware-shd and then navigate to the desired folder that way.

Let us know how you go. 

0 Kudos
CFPUA
Contributor
Contributor

There is no vmware/shd directory:

CFPUA_0-1648130436833.png

0 Kudos
lflemming
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What version of SHD have you got installed there? 

From your screenshot, can you get back to the same place and then type 'cd vmware' enter
And then do ls -l again from there. 

It's a possibility that the documentation is wrong (or is based on previous versions, before it was made available as an OVA) and if it is, i'll help to get that rectified

0 Kudos
lflemming
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've just run up SHD quickly (latest version, 3.0.2) and have been able to find the folder path as shown in screenshot. In /opt folder i run ls -l and can see three folders, where you can only see one (vmware)

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 19.53.07.png

0 Kudos
lflemming
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've also noticed in 3.0.2 that you can now configure these settings via the UI, and you don't need to do it via ssh and modifying the config file any more. See attached. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 20.04.23.png

0 Kudos
CFPUA
Contributor
Contributor

I know, I did that and I set it how I wanted it but a couple of weeks ago it wouldn't allow me to log in without changing the password. I changed the password and it was working for the last week and now it won't accept the password which is being entered correctly, so misspelling or whatnot is not a factor. After rebooting it only SSH works, in the vmware web console directly to the VM any key prompts a reboot. 

0 Kudos