VMware Support Community
Bean78
Contributor
Contributor

After deploying SHD 3.0 am unable to launch its web console

Hello,

I deployed SHD 3.0 recently in my vSphere environment, after the deployment the appliance is able to reach the gateway and other virtual machines in the environment, when i ping other servers from the appliance console. When i try to ping the appliance from other virtual machines am not able to ping it. Can you please let me know, do we need to do any configuration changes in the appliance once we have it setup to make it reachable in the network.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
araikwar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No changes required after deployment, we need to just mentioned proper network configuration in case of Static IP config, else leave all network configuration to blank in case of DHCP.

0 Kudos
araikwar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It is also possible that the root password of SHD appliance is expired as it has been more than 90 days since SHD 3.0 release, you can log in to SHD appliance via ssh with credentials root/vmware, after that goto directory /root/vmware-shd

run cap-first boot.sh.

Or else wait for a week for SHD 3.0.1 which will be available in a week.

0 Kudos
ArturLorek
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same issues.

Tried with DHCP, static IP, nothing.

IPv4 properly assigned, machine is visible on the network, but cannot be pinged.

You can ping other VMs / physical machines on the network from this VM (Photon 3 based SHD 3).

Could not log into the console at first, due to incorrect root password, which I have just created during OVA deployment!!! Managed to change the root password for exactly the same one I already defined during deployment, what allowed me to log in to the console. modified the network config files in zillion ways..... nothing seems to work here. What is more surprising - this virtualappliance used to work, when I first deployed it few months ago. It has not been used for a while and when I tried to run it again - could no log in to it. So without a lot of thinking - deployed afresh, getting rid of the old one which I moved around a lot and thought - it would do no harm to have a fresh install.
Well - the freshly deployed (5 times already with different network config) - does not work.
I also have SHD2 deployed on another host, which I cannot upgrade to 3, due to version 2.5 required at first, but this one is no longer available, so basically it cannot be upgraded to v3.0.... what a mess.
I hope the 3.0.1 is not coming with the above issues.

0 Kudos