VMware Support Community
robinmcnamara
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere-PSODFCoEqfle3f-KB#71361 - resolved but still being found

Hi all,

We had the "vSphere-PSODFCoEqfle3f-KB#71361" finding for a while and finally got round to resolving it with the required driver update.

Unfortunately the finding remained as there was a caveat for the finding that it would not check the driver version until a later release of the collector/advisor.

The caveat about the driver version has now been removed from the finding but it still remains for all my hosts that have the specific network card even though all have the following driver versions from the following post:

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads/details?downloadGroup=DT-ESXI67-QLOGIC-ETHERNET-ISCSI-FCO...

Here is the vib list from one of my hosts matching the versions from the updated driver pack:

[root@XXX-XXX-X01:~] esxcli software vib list | grep -i qfle3

qfle3                          1.1.9.0-1OEM.670.0.0.8169922          QLC       VMwareCertified   2020-08-05

qfle3f                         1.1.9.0-1OEM.670.0.0.8169922          QLC       VMwareCertified   2020-08-05

qfle3i                         1.1.5.0-1OEM.670.0.0.8169922          QLC       VMwareCertified   2020-08-05

[root@XXX-XXX-X01:~] esxcli software vib list | grep -i qcnic

qcnic                          1.0.53.0-1OEM.670.0.0.8169922         QLC       VMwareCertified   2020-08-05

[root@XXX-XXX-X01:~]

As you can see it was installed at the beginning of the month and my latest Skyline collection was last night.

Please advise - it would be great to finally have no Critical Findings (still got a few moderates to get through!)

Thanks,

Robin.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Robin,

Welcome to Skyline Communities!

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. This is a issue at our end as we referenced the driver set over the driver version.

We are in process to get this fixed,so the skyline check for driver version next time. Kindly ignore this finding for now.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Robin,

Welcome to Skyline Communities!

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. This is a issue at our end as we referenced the driver set over the driver version.

We are in process to get this fixed,so the skyline check for driver version next time. Kindly ignore this finding for now.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
robinmcnamara
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Perfect!

Thanks for the reply Ajay.

Regards,

Robin.

0 Kudos
AjayChanana
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Robin,

Skyline usually takes 5 to 7 days to show up if the finding is remediated. 

I would suggest waiting for some more  time it will be reflected on Skyline advisor.

Regards,
Ajay Chanana
0 Kudos