VMware Support Community
msnyder_xo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

unable to register Vcenter with skyline

It would be helpful to post the solution so that others with this issue know the resolution.

I am also having this issue. Here is the error I receive:

Endpoint test failed. Error message: Couldn't create PropertyCollector facade for getting the VC UUID -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't login the client. -> Couldn't login the client. -> General failure. -> org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to vcenter.corp.xogroup.net:7444 [vcenter.corp.xogroup.net/172.25.200.250] failed: Connection timed out (Connection timed out) -> Connect to vcenter.corp.xogroup.net:7444 [vcenter.corp.xogroup.net/172.25.200.250] failed: Connection timed out (Connection timed out) -> Connection timed out (Connection timed out)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi

Thanks for the update.If the PSC is external you have to choose the option external psc and use the FQDN of the psc on the URL's.Please find the below screenshot for your reference

vcenter regn screenshot.png

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

Skyline Support Moderator.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi

I understand that we have issues with registring the Vcenter server with skyline.Can you please confirm whether the PSC is embedded  with Vcenter or a standalone deployment.

Regards

Yuvaraj

Skyline Support Moderator

0 Kudos
msnyder_xo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

External PSC

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi

Thanks for the update.If the PSC is external you have to choose the option external psc and use the FQDN of the psc on the URL's.Please find the below screenshot for your reference

vcenter regn screenshot.png

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

msnyder_xo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Excellent, that worked. However it was not clear the "Advanced" settings were required for external PSC.

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi

Thanks for confirming the issue has been resolved.We register Vcenter with skyline using the sso service which is running on psc,if the psc is external we  have to change the sso  URL accordingly.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos
NathanDaggett
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I wanted to add I had a similar experience - some challenges adding my vCenters.  My PSC's are external and also additionally clustered behind a load balancer as per VMware validated design =

PSC-PROD.XYZ.ON.CA =

PSC-1.XYZ.ON.CA + PSC-2.XYZ.ON.CA ...

In short to work ... I simply had to pick one of the nodes address

nricat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

came back to this after a couple months and still have the same issues(pretty sure i even used an updated version too). no external PSC, but cannot register using advanced method nor windows domain. the time troubleshooting has exceeded it's value and i just wanted to report what i see

here's using the advanced method:

Couldn't create collection task to test endpoint. -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't login the client. -> Couldn't login the client. -> Error communicating to the remote server https://1--.---.---.---:7444/sts/stsservice/vsphere.localCO -> Error communicating to the remote server https://1--.---.---.---:7444/sts/stsservice/vsphere.localCO -> HTTP transport error: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names matching IP address 1--.---.---.--- found -> java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names matching IP address 1--.---.---.--- found -> No subject alternative names matching IP address 1--.---.---.--- found

the port is open, DNS works and all that.fails from a machine on the same subnet even.

Starting Nmap 7.70 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2019-03-05 14:49 Mountain Standard Time

PORT     STATE SERVICE  VERSION

7444/tcp open  ssl/http Apache Tomcat 8.5.24

standard method:

Couldn't create collection task to test endpoint. -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't login the client. -> Couldn't login the client. -> General failure. -> Internal server error

i replaced certs using our CA. I'm going to guess it's partially related to that, although no other VMware products totally fail like this

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

From the error, I can see that you have used the IP address of the vcenter server and PSC instead of FQDN. Usually, the certificates are created based on FQDN and not the IP address ( I am not sure in your case). Is it possible for you to replace the IP address with FQDN and then try the registration again? If it fails again, shall we get on a web-ex session so that we can also check the collector appliance logs as to why the registration is failing?

Sincerely Harish Venkatachalam Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos