Foyman1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can't connect to skyline vami

Jump to solution

So... odd issue.  I deployed 2 1.2 appliances a couple weeks back, registered them and added in a vCenter instance to each then left them to "bake" for 3 weeks.  Today I got the notice of the 1.3 update so I went to upgrade them and I can't connect to one of them anymore.  Neither the TCP443 nor the TCP5480 interface respond.

• I can ping it
  • DNS A and PTR records resolve
  • No firewall, I put up a workstation on the same VLAN and same ESXi host as the appliance.
  • Appliance has been rebooted multiple times, no errors in startup I can see.

Any ideas as to why I can't connect to either web interface?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Foyman1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, I was just getting back to updating this thread.  What apparently happened is our Network team replaced some switches and didn't get VLAN tagging setup correctly so for the 1 VLAN that we have Skyline running on had some dead routes.  Once they sorted out the VLAN configurations on the switches we seem to be stabilized and I have been able to administer and upgrade that appliance to 1.3.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Foyman,

Thank you for reaching out to the communities.

Let us know if you have already reset browser cookies or tried from a different browser and if so do you see similar symptoms?

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
Foyman1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, I was just getting back to updating this thread.  What apparently happened is our Network team replaced some switches and didn't get VLAN tagging setup correctly so for the 1 VLAN that we have Skyline running on had some dead routes.  Once they sorted out the VLAN configurations on the switches we seem to be stabilized and I have been able to administer and upgrade that appliance to 1.3.

0 Kudos