VMware Support Community
Foyman1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

can't connect to skyline vami

So... odd issue.  I deployed 2 1.2 appliances a couple weeks back, registered them and added in a vCenter instance to each then left them to "bake" for 3 weeks.  Today I got the notice of the 1.3 update so I went to upgrade them and I can't connect to one of them anymore.  Neither the TCP443 nor the TCP5480 interface respond.

• I can ping it
  • DNS A and PTR records resolve
  • No firewall, I put up a workstation on the same VLAN and same ESXi host as the appliance.
  • Appliance has been rebooted multiple times, no errors in startup I can see.

Any ideas as to why I can't connect to either web interface?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Foyman1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, I was just getting back to updating this thread.  What apparently happened is our Network team replaced some switches and didn't get VLAN tagging setup correctly so for the 1 VLAN that we have Skyline running on had some dead routes.  Once they sorted out the VLAN configurations on the switches we seem to be stabilized and I have been able to administer and upgrade that appliance to 1.3.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Foyman,

Thank you for reaching out to the communities.

Let us know if you have already reset browser cookies or tried from a different browser and if so do you see similar symptoms?

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
Foyman1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, I was just getting back to updating this thread.  What apparently happened is our Network team replaced some switches and didn't get VLAN tagging setup correctly so for the 1 VLAN that we have Skyline running on had some dead routes.  Once they sorted out the VLAN configurations on the switches we seem to be stabilized and I have been able to administer and upgrade that appliance to 1.3.

0 Kudos