VMware Support Community
LambyUK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Why doesn't Skyline load?

Hi all,

Just went to check on the status of my collectors and after logging in to my URL I just get a spinning circle on the screen. I have left it for over an hour and tried multiple browsers.

Any ideas what is wrong with it? Is it even still sending data to VMWare?

Thanks, John.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello John,

Thank you for your post.

Please provide your EA account number and the registered e-mail ID to check if skyline is sending data.

If the page doesn't load please try the following steps.

1. Reboot the appliance once.

2. Try a different browser and let me know if you have the same issue.

I would also like to know the version of the Skyline appliance you are using as of now.

If the steps don't work please send me a personal message with your contact number if you are ok for a web-ex session.

Sincerely Harish Venkatachalam Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello John,

Thank you for your post.

Please provide your EA account number and the registered e-mail ID to check if skyline is sending data.

If the page doesn't load please try the following steps.

1. Reboot the appliance once.

2. Try a different browser and let me know if you have the same issue.

I would also like to know the version of the Skyline appliance you are using as of now.

If the steps don't work please send me a personal message with your contact number if you are ok for a web-ex session.

0 Kudos
LambyUK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Harish,

Firstly, thanks for the quick reply. I had already tried multiple browsers with the same result. A reboot of the appliance has indeed corrected the issue but I was hoping to understand more why it had just hung like that. I am running v 1.3.0.0.

Slightly different topic, I had initially set this up and running about 3 and a half weeks ago but as yet am still getting an error when trying to download the OCR report. Could this be related to the issue? I was under the impression the report would be available as soon as it hit 3 weeks?

Regards,

John.

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello John,

What is the error you get when you try to download the OSR report? Is it possible for you to send me a screenshot? You can send the screenshot to hvenkatachalam@vmware.com.

We might have to check the collector logs to find out why it got hung. As it is an appliance it could be a problem with the OS or host or storage. However to validate we need the collector logs. If this issue happens frequently you can have a case raised with us by choosing Skyline as a product and I will be happy to assist you.

Yes, you are right. The OSR report will be available in three weeks time, but I am not sure what actually happened to the report which you received, I will be able to check with my backend team once I get the error from you when you tried downloading the OSR report.

Also please provide your EA number and the registered e-mail ID.

0 Kudos
LambyUK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Harish,

I have just sent you an email with the required info.

Thanks, John Nurden

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello John,

Hope you are doing well. Just wanted to follow up.

Please let me know if you received the OSR report.

0 Kudos
LambyUK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Harish, I can confirm that I can now download the OSR. I didnt receive any email notification advising me of the report being ready? Is that what should happen?

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello John,

No, You will receive an email with the download link once the OSR is ready. Where did you download the OSR from?

0 Kudos
LambyUK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I went to this link..

OSR

and pressed the download button.

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello John,

Thank you for your response.

So, you are able to download the OSR successfully but you did not receive an email with the link.

Ideally, you should receive an email with the same link I sent, and you have to download the OSR.

As you have not received an email I will check with the backend team and get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos