VMware Support Community
kosmerm
Contributor
Contributor

Vm export

Hello , i have 2 esxi 6.5 without vsphere . I want to export 1 vm from esxi1's datastore to my pc and then upload it to esxi2's datastore  . My vm has thick disk of 300GB but only 60GB are occupied. When i try to export this vm to my pc it stops because i think it tries to download all 300GB of (240GB of empty space) to my pc but my disk has only 100GB left free. How can i download the vm with only the occupied space (60GB) and if there is a better way to do it. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your post needs moving, so I have reported it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
kosmerm
Contributor
Contributor

ok , where i can post it and get an answer?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Just wait for a moderator to move this post, then it will be seen by the best audience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
kosmerm
Contributor
Contributor

thank you

0 Kudos