VMware Support Community
fritschn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMworld US 2018 - VMware Skyline Announcements

At VMworld US last week in Las Vegas, we made several VMware Skyline announcements that I want to share with the Skyline Community.

VMware Skyline Advisor - A SaaS application, delivered by VMware, that allows customers to view their proactive findings and recommendations on-demand. With Skyline Advisor, you can view your proactive findings and recommendations on-demand, within a web-browser.

More details regarding Skyline Advisor, including screenshots, are available within the VMware Skyline Announcements - Under the Hood blog article.

VMware Skyline Log Assist - This feature will allow VMware Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) to request logs that are needed for troubleshooting a Support Request (SR). Today, when logs are needed for troubleshooting, the effort is on the customer to generate, export and upload logs via My VMware or FTP. With Skyline Log Assist, we're shifting that effort from the customer, to VMware.

Within Skyline, a VMware TSE will be able to view a customer's toplogy (i.e. vCenter Server, ESXi hosts). From that topology, the TSE can select which objects logs are needed from. Additionally, the TSE attaches the log request to an existing SR. A request is made to the customer for log retrieval. The customer either approves, or denies, the log request. Once an approval is received, the Skyline Collector orchestrates the retrieval and sending of logs to VMware GSS.

Global Availability - Skyline is now available to all customers around the global, both Production and Premier, in English. Get started by downloading the Skyline Collector within My VMware. The Skyline Collector installation and configuration guides are available on VMware Docs: VMware Skyline Documentation

These are just a few of the way VMware is reimagining customer support. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, please let us know by replying to this discussion.

Nick Fritsch,
VMware Technical Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
0 Replies