VMware Support Community
ralfthiel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VAMI not reachable after update to 2.7

Hi,

since today's controller update to 2.7 the VAMI webinterface on https://<fqdn>:5480 is not reachable anymore.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
evfernandez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @ralfthiel,

Thank you for posting, and welcome to the Skyline Community!

VAMI web interface is no longer available. Below update is from the release notes:

The Virtual Appliance Management Interface (VAMI) has been removed from the Skyline Collector and can no-longer be accessed. The ability to manually update the Skyline Collector is now available within the Skyline Collector web interface. If an update is available, a banner notification will be displayed within the Skyline Collector web interface.

To edit the networking configuration of the Skyline Collector, access the console of the Skyline Collector virtual appliance, run the following command, and use the menu options available to update the network configuration.

/opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net

Thank you!

Eddie Fernandez
Manager, Skyline Support

View solution in original post

6 Replies
evfernandez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @ralfthiel,

Thank you for posting, and welcome to the Skyline Community!

VAMI web interface is no longer available. Below update is from the release notes:

The Virtual Appliance Management Interface (VAMI) has been removed from the Skyline Collector and can no-longer be accessed. The ability to manually update the Skyline Collector is now available within the Skyline Collector web interface. If an update is available, a banner notification will be displayed within the Skyline Collector web interface.

To edit the networking configuration of the Skyline Collector, access the console of the Skyline Collector virtual appliance, run the following command, and use the menu options available to update the network configuration.

/opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net

Thank you!

Eddie Fernandez
Manager, Skyline Support
ralfthiel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you @evfernandez,

seems I missed that. Maybe some others will run into this too.

Thanks again and take care!

0 Kudos
rameshsic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Me too missed this. VAMI stopped working and I was windering what is the issue

0 Kudos
bwong63
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Good info Eddie.

Thanks for the info.

So I update to 2.7 via VAMI. The install update screen...Please wait sit for an hour. Then I check the console it is showing on v2.7 so I decide reboot it. After reboot, I log into the skyline web UI and and I still see collector is still on 2.4. See screenshot. Please advise.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
bwong63
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I restarted the collector and version is update-to-date now.

0 Kudos
jeffgreer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I blew away my old Skyline and installed fresh.  Now I don't see how to activate it.

0 Kudos