VMware Support Community
jbgorrie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to view OSR, Operational Summary Report looks scrambled and overlapping.

Not sure if it is the plans or not, but for Production support group having a PDF version of the .docx would be helpful.

In libreoffice on Ubuntu some of the pages render well, other are really really bad.  I have attached an example.

Pages on an iMac can't open the file.  Tried with Office 2016 on Win 10 and similar display issues.

--

J

edit: added Windows test

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello J,

Thank you for providing your feedback.

I have raised a feature request in-order to integrate PDF and MIME file types.

Since it would take a while for the development team to integrate these options on the reports, we would have to use the alternate options which are available now.

I have also tested to open the reports on a MAC device and was Successful to view extract and use the required options.

Would also like to keep you posted that in future, Skiline Web Adviser would be integrated, with all the required options.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello J,

We are able to open and view the reports on multiple versions of Windows OS without any issues ,unlike the screen shots that were shared.

Could you check if you are able to open any other documents with Office 2016 on this machine.

Also confirm if this issue was observed on only one report or all the reports that are generated.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
jbgorrie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi a

I have tried this on four computers.  Two running Win10, one running Ubuntu and one iMac.  The first two were the "best" but still had display issues.  One item to note is that if I "enable editing" in on the Win10+Office2016 it displays much better.

I downloaded the file again from the portal, however the files inside have not changed.  They appear generated on April 12.  I can send them (but will not be posting them here).

Apr 12 12:26 report.csv

Apr 12 12:26 report.docx

--

J

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi J,

Thank you for sharing the details, I did check the report which you have mentioned (Apr 12 12:26) in the Skyline Server.

We are using Windows 10 + Office 2016 and I am able to view the reports without any issues.

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

Request you to try to check or reinstall the graphics card drivers.

Would like to know if you are observing this in the full screen view, Check the Layout that has been selected to view (Read Mode / Print Layout / Web Layout)

pastedImage_1.png

Also check the view option in MS Word.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You could also perform the steps mentioned below which might help in resolving the issue you are experiencing.

Close Outlook before opening Word

Menu/Tools/ Options,'Print'tab, uncheck the option 'Print Background'. Close and restart Word and open the document.

Use Actual Page Mode

On the Reading Layout toolbar, click

Actual Page.

Change Compatibility Settings

To change the compatibility settings for the document, follow these steps:

In Word 2003, open the document.

On the Tools menu, click

Options.

On the Compatibility tab, change the

Recommended options for box to Microsoft Word 2003, and then click OK.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
jbgorrie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

While I appreciate your helping with Win10+Office 2016 - I don't use them.  My primary environment is Ubuntu 16.04 with Libreoffice or a iMac.

On either of those I can't get the report to open in a useful way.  I just had an updated version of the report.zip with the inside data dated Apr 12 12:26 vs. Apr 26 12:40 .

I tried this again on the Ubuntu 16.04 + 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3 libreoffice - I get garbled text.  If I "preview in web browser" it renders the page more correct with no overlapping text, but the pages are all messed up.

I tried on the iMac and the built-in Mac pages program reports "The XML document isn't in word format".

So again I go back to my suggestion of a rendered PDF.  You can't control the versions or reasonably expect someone to follow your workarounds since they are way too long.  I want something I can open once (the zip part is also annoying - can you set the MIME type for that download?) and then read.  The easier you make it for me to read the more likely it will get read.

--

J

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello J,

Thank you for providing your feedback.

I have raised a feature request in-order to integrate PDF and MIME file types.

Since it would take a while for the development team to integrate these options on the reports, we would have to use the alternate options which are available now.

I have also tested to open the reports on a MAC device and was Successful to view extract and use the required options.

Would also like to keep you posted that in future, Skiline Web Adviser would be integrated, with all the required options.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
jbgorrie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok - I'll use workaround for now.

I did have one cosmetic issue as well - the report title is odd.  It says "UW catering" when I have no idea where it is getting that name from.The EA is named "University of Waterloo - IST" and that would make sense.

--

J

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thank you for the update,

As per our internal documentation, we see that the Master ID could be registered with U W. Catering, However when we observed we also see that University of Waterloo is registered with (U W. Catering).

Our understanding would be University of Waterloo is the primary name of the site under which we have U W. Catering or Vice Versa.

You can mark this thread as Completed if we have answered all your questions by clicking on the "Correct Answer".

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
jbgorrie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I guess I am confused - no where that I can see on my.vmware.com does it talk about catering.  I am not catering, nor do catering have their own stuff (ie: would have a point in purchasing).  Where can I see that that is set, or really how do I make it not be catering?

--

J

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I would recommend you to contact our Licensing Team to understand the complete details of the account.

Since they have all the required details regarding the Account.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
jbgorrie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After some back and forth on the support case trying to understand the issue I am getting referred back to this forum.

I have received an update from the internal team.

I would suggest you post your query on the link below and they will be able to assist you further.

https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/skyline

--

Jason

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Jason,

Thank you for the update, I have spoken to the engineer from the licensing team and We are trying to check in the back-end server if there is some mismatch because of which we are observing the issue.

we will provide further update once the verification is completed.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos