VMware Support Community
andrewsdad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to connect vCenter to Skyline

We have a single vCenter 6.5 U1 with internal PSC with a custom SSO.  vsphere6.local

Endpoint test failed. Error message: Couldn't create PropertyCollector facade for getting the VC UUID -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't login the client. -> Couldn't login the client. -> General failure. -> Unexpected status code: 404

I have tried using a read only account and my admin account to login.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Brain

Thanks for your time on call.We have resolved the issue by using the FQDN of the Vc as per the certificate.As agreed we will archive this thread.

Regards

Yuvaraj.

Skyline Support Moderator.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Andrews

I Understand that we have issues with registering the Vcenter server with skyline appliance.I see that you are using the custom domain vsphere6.local so when registering the Vcenter you have to choose advanced options and specify the custom domain at the end all the three sso urls.

vcenter regn screenshot.png

Add /vsphere6.local ath the end of all the sso urls

Regards

Yuvaraj

Skyline Support Moderator

0 Kudos
andrewsdad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After adding the custom SSO here is the following error.

Endpoint test failed. Error message: Couldn't create PropertyCollector facade for getting the VC UUID -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't login the client. -> Couldn't login the client. -> Error communicating to the remote server https://10.1.98.37:7444/sts/STSService/vsphere6.local -> Error communicating to the remote server https://10.1.98.37:7444/sts/STSService/vsphere6.local -> HTTP transport error: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names matching IP address 10.1.98.37 found -> java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names matching IP address 10.1.98.37 found -> No subject alternative names matching IP address 10.1.98.37 found

Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Andrews,

Thanks for the response.Please try using the FQDN of the Vcenter instead of IP address on the sso URL's and update us the result.

Regards,

Yuvaraj,

0 Kudos
andrewsdad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried the FQDN first and then moved to IP.

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Andrews,

Thanks for the response.I have sent you a DM please reply to that with your contact details so we connect have a remote session to get this sorted.

Regards

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Brain

Thanks for your time on call.We have resolved the issue by using the FQDN of the Vc as per the certificate.As agreed we will archive this thread.

Regards

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos
acronnelly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello, I found this thread by troubleshooting the same error except I am not using a Custom SSO Configuration.

Yuva_1990, I tried to DM you but I also got an error when trying.

Would you be available to assist me?

Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Worked with the customer and the issue has been resolved

Regards

Yuvaraj

Skyline Support Moderator

0 Kudos
AScera
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello, had the same problem, in the first revision I changed the IP address by the FQND without success, so I looked at the vCenter certificate from the browser and use the same certificate data, as seen in the image with sucess. Smiley Happy.

pastedImage_1.png

!thanks¡