VMware Support Community
CountryGrrl_AK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to apply Skyline UI server certificate

I would like to add a TLS certificate for the webserver of the Skyline Collector. I have tried under configuration/Web server, but I get an error after applying the .cer and .key file. "Something went wrong while trying to upload your new Web Server Certificate: Integrity check failed" I don't see anywhere the Root CA's can be uploaded and chaining in the certificate is denied. I have tried using a san/no san option as well. We are using a Microsoft Intermediate CA. Ideas?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PanduV
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to import CA Signed web server certificates in Skyline Collector 3.3 (91150):

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/91150

View solution in original post

5 Replies
VFWDVallejo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you ever figure this out?  I have the same problem.

I either get integrity check failed or chain is unsupported.  No matter what I do.

0 Kudos
CountryGrrl_AK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have heard nothing. Your experience is the same as mine.

0 Kudos
VFWDVallejo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Are you also on Skyline 3.3 perhaps?

A previous version of Skyline, I didn't have an issue with this.

Since I wasn't able to upload my certificate using the interface on 3.3, I ended up changing the certificate on Skyline 3.3 by utilizing WinSCP and replacing the certificates in their various folders, then restarting the server.

Seems to have worked.

0 Kudos
PanduV
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to import CA Signed web server certificates in Skyline Collector 3.3 (91150):

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/91150

CountryGrrl_AK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for finding this KB. I looked but found nothing. Your search-fu is better than mine!

It took a good bit of work to get my certs on the server. But once they were there and the script ran, all worked out as expected. 

0 Kudos